Winter at Rookley Park
Planning a trip this winter? Here are some ways you can enjoy the island’s beauty all year round.
Summer has sailing, hiking, and other weather-dependant activities, but winter on the Isle of Wight can be just as magical. Planning a trip this winter? Here are some ways you can enjoy the island’s beauty all year round:
Image courtesy of YogaWithEmma
Winter activities at Rookley Park
Rookley Park is our favourite place to be all year round. If you’re joining us in the winter months, here are some on-site activities suited for every season:
- On site-entertainment – we host bands, performers, quizzes, and other entertainment in our bar and restaurant all throughout the year. Ask when booking or upon arrivals for the entertainment schedule during your stay.
- Indoor Pool – with our indoor pool, there’s always a place for kids (and mums and dads!) to relax and play, whatever the weather.
- Hot Tubs – stay in one of our 2 or 3 bedroom cosy cottages with private hot tubs and enjoy relaxing outside, even in the cold!
- Tim’s Tackle – our fishing lakes at Rookley Park bring people from all over the country to stay with us. You can hire all the kit you need or bring your own, and go fishing in one of our lakes! You’ll want to bundle up, but the fish are just as active, if not more so, in the winter.
Walking distance from Rookley Park
Rookley Park is ideally located on the island, especially because of how close it is to some of our favourite Isle of Wight hidden gems. Walk just down the road to the south and enjoy the surrounding area:
- Godshill – the picturesque village of Godshill is perfect for wandering in the winter months. Whether you’re catching the Christmas lights at the Old World Tea Room, grabbing a coffee in one of the cafes in January, or shopping the town’s boutiques for a Valentine’s Day gift, Godshill is the perfect place to visit during your stay at Rookley Park.
- Allendale Equestrian Centre – nothing says “country holiday” like riding! Located on the way to Godshill village is the Allendale Equestrian Centre, offering lessons and country rides for the whole family at affordable prices.
Short driving distance from Rookley Park
Situated right in the heart of the island, Rookley Park is a short drive from everything on the island! But especially close is the town of Newport and its countless ways to enjoy the winter months:
- Carisbrooke Castle – owned by English Heritage, Carisbrooke Castle is a medieval castle and museum open all year at the weekends that is perfect for exploring, learning, and enjoying as a family.
- Cineworld – want to really just kick back and relax and take in a film? Newport is home to the island’s largest cinema, offering both 2D and 3D films for the whole family.
Off-Peak Stays on the Isle of Wight
Traveling off-peak has never been so fun! Stay in one of our cosy cottages or our luxury caravans during select dates this winter for the lowest prices of the year. Book today to get the best rates!