Aria Resorts Cancellation Protection Plan
The following terms and conditions are specific to The Lakes Rookley, The Bay Colwell and The Bay Filey and do not apply to other resorts (please refer to Booking Terms & Conditions page for Retallack Resort and Newperran).
Opting for this policy will provide limited cover for your holiday or short break with us (Island View Holidays). Should you need to cancel, the Cancellation Plan will cover the following:
If you cancel the holiday more than 30 days before the arrival date, we will refund you all the sums you have paid (less the Cancellation Protection Plan cost) less a £15 administration charge, providing you cancel under a qualifying reason – for qualifying reasons, see below.
If you cancel less than 30 days before the arrival date, we will refund you all the money paid (Less the Cancellation Protection Plan cost) less a £25 administration charge providing you cancel under a qualifying reason – for qualifying reasons, see below.
Qualifying reasons for cancellation:
The following are ‘qualifying reasons’ for the purposes of this Payment Protection Plan:
- Death, serious injury, illness or admission to hospital of any member of your party
- Your redundancy or that of your spouse
- Jury service or witness service in a court of law by you or any member of your party.
Provided that these circumstances arose after the date you made your booking and affect your ability to take your holiday and you can supply official documentary evidence to our reasonable satisfaction of their occurrence and the date they occurred.
Cancellation without a qualifying reason
The Payment Protection Plan will not cover you in the event that you need to cancel for reasons other than one of the qualifying reasons shown above. For cancellation in such event you should refer to clause 5 of our Booking Terms and Conditions.
How to cancel
If you need to cancel your holiday with us you must advise us by telephone immediately and send us written confirmation along with any accompanying documentation e.g a doctor’s note, death certificate, by post, fax, or email quoting your booking reference number. Your cancellation is effective from the date that we receive your written confirmation of cancellation. To ensure delivery, we recommend that letters of cancellation are sent to us by recorded delivery. No refunds (if qualified) will be issued without the necessary documentation.
If you need to cut short your holiday after it has commenced, we regret that we are unable to refund any monies paid.
Newperran Holiday Park Cancellation Plan
The following terms and conditions are specific to Newperran Holiday Park and do not apply to other resorts.
Cancellation Protection Plan
When making a booking you can decide to take out our Cancellation Protection Plan which covers you and your holiday party. £15.00 per caravan/apartment per week or part week, £10.00 per touring or camping pitches per week or part week. Our Cancellation Protection Plan covers you should you or any other member of your party be forced to cancel your holiday because of sickness, bereavement, redundancy or jury services.
Please note: Newperran Holiday Park’s Cancellation Scheme covers you until you arrive on site, after which refunds cannot be given if, for any reason, you decide to leave early. You may wish to take out your own holiday insurance to cover this. Proof will be required by recorded delivery prior to the confirmed start date of your holiday. This will need to be as follows: Sickness – Doctor’s Certificate; Redundancy – Employee’s Notification; Jury Service – Court Notification; Bereavement – Death Certificate.
Customers covered by our Cancellation Plan and complying with these conditions will be entitled to the following (less £20.00 administration fee):
• 42 days or more – Full refund of total sums received
• 15 – 41 days notice – 75% of total sums received will be refunded
• 14 days or less – 50% of total sums received will be refunded
If the Cancellation Protection Plan is not taken and you wish to cancel your booking, no refund will be made.
1. A non refundable fee of £10.00 per week per pitch or £15 per caravan/apartment per week or part week booked must be paid at time of booking.
2. The period covered is from time of acceptance of booking until arrival at accommodation booked.
3. Cover is only applicable to members of the party named on the booking form.
4. Notification of cancellation and claims must be made by recorded delivery as soon as possible.
5. Cancellation Protection covers cancellation due to the following cases only:-
a) Accident, injury, illness or death of a member of the party.
b) Redundancy or Jury Service.
6. An Authoritive Document in support of cancellation must be produced i.e. Doctor’s Certificate, Redundancy Notice or Jury Service.
The plan does not include pregnancy or illness related to pregnancy or any pre existing condition.